Oil catch can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil catch can

So, i read through some other threads here that talk about catch cans and i have a few questions. But first why I think i want one: im sick of my intake tubing getting full of oil. My 93 festiva has 430,000km and burned no oil until a year ago when the porcelain broke off a spark plug and presumably scored up the cylinder wall. It doesn't burn a lot of oil now, i haven't recorded how much, but i think it must all end up in my intake tubing... I have no turbo, just a stock B3. Anyway, i presume this is from blow by so i assume that installing a catch can will keep the oil out of my intake correct? I see people install it between the pcv valve and manifold, but doesn't the oil blow up through that short hose that goes from the valve cover to intake tubing under higher rpms and higher throttle (lower vaccume?) or am i mistaken about that? How would it get from inside the manifold into the intake tubing?. If i install a catch can between pcv valve and manifold will i get oil coming through the other hose? If i install the catch can in the other line will i get oil coming through the other one? Do i need to install one on both? If i install a catch can between pcv and manifold and a small filter on top of the valve cover and block the hole in the intake tubing will i just get oil all over my valve cover?
    Is there another fix? Besides a rebuild i mean. I cleaned my valve cover about 150-200,000km ago and i plan to do it again this winter but will that solve the problem or just make it go away for 2 weeks until it clogs up again?
    Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My current daily has this setup on it. The last owner was very unkind to the b3 and as a result it has blowby. Just took a hose straight off the dipstick tube and into a container. (Not connected in the picture...) Keep the dipstick tube in the trunk to check the oil level.

20151020_194616.jpg20151020_194642.jpg
    - Form should follow function...

Comment

Originally posted by SiliconSoul View Post
      My current daily has this setup on it. The last owner was very unkind to the b3 and as a result it has blowby. Just took a hose straight off the dipstick tube and into a container. (Not connected in the picture...) Keep the dipstick tube in the trunk to check the oil level.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18758[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18757[/ATTACH]
      Sorry, had a buisy few days. Does this keep all the oil out of the intake manifold? It seems kinda weird, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X