Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picked up a 91 L, fuel pump isn't turning on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up a 91 L, fuel pump isn't turning on...

I've swapped it out with another used one (I can't say its good for sure) there is power to the plug, the crash button behind the speaker is depressed, any other ideas?
    Because....45 MPG.

Try bypassing the crash button. Also,there is a way to test the fuel pump under the hood but I don't remember which wire it is. Maybe someone else can chime in with the test wire discription.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Under the hood there's a t looking connector you jump across this with a peace of wire .
      The clip is over by the break booster and is black.
      This will make the pump run with the key.
      The pump will also run when in the starting position for priming
      So you could also pull the starter trigger wire single spade small wire.
      And it will run when trying to crank but the engine won't crank with that wire removed.

Comment

You say you have power to the plug.do you mean you have power to the fuel pump connector?If so do you have ground at the fuel pump connector? If you have power and ground at the pump substitute a headlight for the fuel pump in the circuit if the headlight lights you have a dead pump.I said use a headlight because it drews enough amps to simulate a pump.I ve seen test lights light but the circuit unable to support a pump.
        30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

I'm not sure if the 91 is grounded through the inertia switch or not. Jumping the inertia switch does not make the ground better.
          I believe the ground screw is in the middle of the rear hatch lip inside the car. Good luck.

Comment

Check the plug in on the pump last winter I thought my pump went out and I pulled the pump and ran two wires to a battery and it worked,so I looked at the connectors to it and one of the little metal clips in the plug in had wore down and was loose.

Comment

Working...
            X