E brake cable removal on Aspire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E brake cable removal on Aspire?

How do you remove the e brake cable from the rear brakes of a Aspire?

Thanks David

Originally posted by Studebaker View Post
    How do you remove the e brake cable from the rear brakes of a Aspire?

Thanks David
    If you get under there and take a look, it will be obvious.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

If I remember correctly, you will have to take up the carpet to get at the plastic piece that routes it in the car. Under the car it is pretty self explanatory.
      The Festiva Store
      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Originally posted by nonamekid View Post
        If I remember correctly, you will have to take up the carpet to get at the plastic piece that routes it in the car. Under the car it is pretty self explanatory.
        I think he's just talking about the clevis connection tho.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
          I think he's just talking about the clevis connection tho.
          That part is really easy unless it is rusted in place...
          The Festiva Store

Comment

Originally posted by nonamekid View Post
            That part is really easy unless it is rusted in place...
            Exactly my point. Some jobs don't require advice, they are a "just do it" situation. In fact most car repair/maintenance jobs are that way. The more people just go for it on their own, the more they will build up confidence to tackle more complicated stuff.

A Great Truth: anything you do to a car is just a collection of small tasks performed well. Don't let the big picture overwhelm you.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
              Exactly my point. Some jobs don't require advice, they are a "just do it" situation. In fact most car repair/maintenance jobs are that way. The more people just go for it on their own, the more they will build up confidence to tackle more complicated stuff.

A Great Truth: anything you do to a car is just a collection of small tasks performed well. Don't let the big picture overwhelm you.
              Agreed. Though I do remember doing some of my first projects by myself and it was kinda scary and intimidating, but now I do stuff that dealers won't even do: like taking a 5.4L 3 valve out of a newer F150 without taking the body off the frame. Its a pain but I don't have a lift.
              The Festiva Store

Comment

Working...
              X