HELP! Wiper support under cowl!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Wiper support under cowl!

Hey guys. I'm in need of help. As you all know I've had a tough go of it, when it comes to the wiper issue in madam blueberry. The piece is too far gone for anything to mount to it and hold the wiper transmission in place. My hope is that I can find a donor car or shell that can cut out the piece I need and weld it back into madam blueberry. The problem is I can't find a single festiva shell or donor in my area. Does anyone here have a shell that could cut out the piece that I need? I attatched a pic below. I'm not even sure what its called. Thanks guys!!
    image1 (8).jpg

Could you possibly put a metal plate over it with the proper-sized hole, and either screw or tack-weld it into place? The opening in the firewall should be large enough to accomplish something along these lines.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Left or right side I just gave away the drivers side and cowl to 14 carrot if it's the passenger side it's all yours

Comment

Its the drivers side :/ Is there a tremendous diffence between the two?

Comment

I had the same problem on Red, I fixed it with a standard piece of flat sheet metal. I began by removing the wiper motor and the arms, then I drilled out the two(or three) tack welds that held the cowl to the sub panel. With the welds gone the cowl could be propped up enough to slide my flat piece of sheet metal into place. I then bent the sheet metal to fit the contour, and marked the hole location through the wiper arm hole in the firewall. I then cut the hole for the arm to fit through and used it to mark the two bolt locations. Once everything fit into the area like I wanted I pre drilled a few holes for sheet metal screw to hold the repair panel in place and painted the patch panel black then reassembled in reverse order. I used the wiper arm to handle the final location for the assembly, then once everything was bolted back like it was supposed to be I ran the screws into the subpanel to finish the repair. I usesd those [plastic push-in panel fasteners to reattach the cowl to the subpanel and never had an issue once the repair was done. I had less metal left than you do so you could get this done pretty easily I suspect.
          Good luck with the repair.

Comment

Originally posted by clphipps79 View Post
            Its the drivers side :/ Is there a tremendous diffence between the two?
            Yeah if you wanted the whole peice it's a rather large peace spot welded to the iner cowl.
            Remember that removing the cowl requires the windshield to be removed the cowl is really pretty easy there's only 20 some spot welds. If you do remove it for repair get some welding blankets for your dash the spot welds are really close .

Comment

I will gladly cut it out of my efi donor car if i can get a better picture of what im looking for

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X