weakest link: cooling system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weakest link: cooling system

I have a 93 L 5spd with no A/C. When i got the car the cooling fan worked fine. While driving one day, the battery slid in the tray and smashed the fan harness. the harness still makes contact and stays together fine. Me not having a very bright moment decided to connect the harness while the key was in the on position with engine not running. Now the fan doesn't spin at all. What part of the fan system is the weakest link and where is the "fan relay" the chiltons manual says it is behind the driver's side headlight, but the picture doesn't look anything like the relay that is behind my headlight. I know its not the fuse cause its not blown. just want to know if it is the fan motor, the switch, or the "relay".

Any help would be great.

Thanks, Dan

Are you testing the fan at operating temp. The fan doesn't come on until coolant reaches 207 degrees. You might check cooling fan switch if its not coming on at that temp. Here is a pic of cooling fan relay location, hope it helps. You might also check the continuity in the fan motor to see if its bad.

sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

you can check to see if the problem is in the switch or the circuit just by disconnecting the plug at the temp switch on the water neck with the key in the "On/Run" position. If the wiring is good, the fan will come on.
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
      X