Battery light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery light

What would cause my battery light to be on. It has been on for about 4 days now. Battery still seems to be holding a charge so I'm assuming alternator is still working. It came on going to work and hasn't went off yet. I checked fuseable links and battery connections. I haven't had much time to dig any deeper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    93 L plus 5 speed, custom herculined paint job, custom billet grille

It's probably the alternator. I drove my car for about six months with the battery light on. When it first started the voltage checked between 12.5 and 12.7 at idle and it started and ran fine. I drove it for about 6 months with no problem and then decided to check it again randomly. It was 12 even at idle and 12.2 at 2000 rpm. I put a new alternator on and it was back up to the 12.5- 12.7 and the light turned off.

Comment

Be careful or you could end up like I did.

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)
      "Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
      “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

Thanks I hope it's just the alernator. I'll have it tested here in a day or two

Comment

Just letting everybody know my battery light was on because the wire going to my alternator was completely chewed in two.

Comment

"the wire going to my alternator was completely chewed in two" Darned alernator mice! Set a trap or it will happen again.
            Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

There is only one thing that I hate more than alternator mice...

Fuel pump mice!

Comment

Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
                "the wire going to my alternator was completely chewed in two" Darned alernator mice! Set a trap or it will happen again.
                Could have been alternator chupacabras......
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                X