Pulling the dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulling the dash

Any of u guys who have pulled the dash and tips or how to's. I think it will be pretty straight forward just diconnect everything but wanted to check. also where r the dang bolts holding it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    93 L plus 5 speed, custom herculined paint job, custom billet grille

Hi Caprisecca,
    I removed the stock dash about nine years ago, here is what I remember .......The bolts that hold the dash in are under the three little square covers along the front edge under the windshield(one center near where the clock would be one left one right) two on either edge near the door gasket, two under the dash edge far left and right facing down and then four in the center that go from the trans tunnel bracing to the dash center.

When I took out my dash I always took loose the 12mm bolts that hold the steering column to the firewall, then laid the column down in the drivers seat as the final step to give me some room to maneuver the dash around.

You will also want to have the cluster and radio removed before you go pulling anything. The cables for the heat selector and blower position and fresh air/cabin air can be accessed from under the dash and behind the glovebox, the ends of the covering are held in with spring tangs then the cable ends can be removed from the arm. These will also need to be detached(only from the heater box/selector/fresh-cabin) on the car side, you can leave the control side connected.

Once all this is unhooked from the car you can unclip the sections of the harness and work the dash out the passenger door. I only removed the stock dash once but the process was very much the same with my custom dash that went in and out of the car probably more than 6 times.

I don't remember having any real issues getting the dash out so it should be pretty straight forward once you get rolling. Good Luck.

Comment

The for the reply

Comment

I used the dash removal walk through. It took me about an hour to pull the dash, all of the HVAC systems, steering column and pedals. The whole process is pretty straight forward with no hidden or impossible to reach bolts.

Comment

Wow very nice . I can't ever seem to find anything with the search tool

Comment

The search function is pretty horrible, so it's probably not you..... I keep seeing people say use quotes but that has been little help for me.

Comment

It works just fine for me.

"dash removal"
              Last edited by bravekozak; 12-22-2015, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X