Wiper splines all worn out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiper splines all worn out...

..anyone have a fix for worn splines that hold the wiper blades to the splines attached to the movable part? I know I didn't explain that well. Hopefully someone will know what I mean and have a fix. In the mean time I put the remaining passenger side blade so that it covers the entire windshield good enough so I can see.

You talking the posts that the wiper arms attach to?

If the splines on that are stripped, I say the cheapest and quickest fix would be just using some blue locktite on the spines. That or order a whole new wiper transmission assembly from fourgreen, part is cheap, but shipping costs more than the part itself. lol
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

The splines are broached. I presume you could rebroach them with a small chisel in a vise.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
        The splines are broached. I presume you could rebroach them with a small chisel in a vise.
        yeah that would probably be better than ordering a whole new part from overseas. lol
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Working...
        X