Sunroof Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunroof Fix

Rosie, the 92 Red Automatic Festiva that I just bought has a sunroof that had leaked.
    I've got the sunroof and the headliner out of the car and everything is
    cleaned up and ready to go back in.
    My problem is that the screws that attached the handle and hinges appear not to be the originals
    and were rusty and a couple broke when I remove the glass from the frame.
    Has anyone gotten new screws for the sunroof handle and hinges?
    If so, can you tell me where?
    Also hints from anyone who has done any sunroof repair would be appreciated.

I would take to the old ones to the hardware store and try to match up some stainless steel ones.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
      I would take to the old ones to the hardware store and try to match up some stainless steel ones.
      Yep... that's what I plan to do if I cant find the original real thing withing a week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
        Yep... that's what I plan to do if I cant find the original real thing within a week or so.
        Thereby proving.....we are both geniuses! :-) :-)

(That's me on the right.)
        Last edited by TominMO; 12-30-2015, 09:06 PM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
          Thereby proving.....we are both geniuses! :-) :-)

(That's me on the right.)
          ... the fact that we own appreciate Festivas already proved that.
          In the meantime I'm off to the junk yard tomorrow to check out the variety of sunroof hardware.
          Last edited by 1990new; 12-30-2015, 09:56 PM.

Comment

I used to have a sunroof but scrapped the trim rings after I sold the handle to a member on the west coast. I still have the sunroof glass in storage with the rest of my glass windows.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
              I used to have a sunroof but scrapped the trim rings after I sold the handle to a member on the west coast. I still have the sunroof glass in storage with the rest of my glass windows.
              My handle looks very similar but does not have the Christmas colored thingies.
              I'm just hoping that it was only the butyl seal around the frame that was leaking and not the rubber glass seal.
              The glass and frame are in very good condition.
              Last edited by 1990new; 12-30-2015, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X