Not getting any power to fuel injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not getting any power to fuel injectors

I have a 1990 Festiva she started, starting and shutting off a few days ago now she'll turn over but not start. I have park to the plugs and good fuel pressure to the rail but the injectors aren't opening. Also I have rpms showing on tach while turning over to eliminate the crank positioning sensor. One thing weird is the fan starts sometimes when I turn the key on? Any Idea's

Welcome to the forum.

First, have you done any repairs to the car since it was last running well? Probably not, but I gotta ask.

If you do have spark and fuel pressure, I'm thinking a timing issue, either ignition timing or valve timing (timing belt). Pull the disty cap and see if the rotor turns when you crank it over. If it does, then pull the timing belt covers and check that the cam is still where it ought to be when the crankshaft timing belt sprocket's timing mark is at the top.

What is your evidence that the injectors are not opening? Or are you thinking that's an issue because you do have fuel to the rail?

Sounds like you are pretty familiar with DIY car repair. Even if you are a decent shadetree mechanic, you will want to have at least a Festiva Haynes manual for reference. Any auto parts store can order it for you if they don't have it in stock.

Edit: BTW did you look thru this thread?
    Last edited by TominMO; 01-21-2016, 06:28 PM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Plug in another ECU.

Comment

Went through all electrical connections again took the VAC off and cleaned sand out of it , not much put it back together and she fired up. ran it all morning. starting fine Pulled up to the house and shut it off and she wont start again. Timing is right on Fuel pressure good at the rail Good spark at all plugs. Will run by spraying ether in intake. Checked power to injectors and have nothing again ???

Comment

Got one being sent to me. Its just weird that I had it running and running good but then she did it again.

Comment

Got a repair manual ordered. Not getting any pulse power to injectors Will run on either, Timing great. Changed fuel filter ????

Comment

Main relay by the over flow tank run the injectors.

Comment

try cleaning the grounds.

Comment

I see one at the firewall ang the one on the left hand side going to the frame . Any others?

Comment

Working...
                  X