Windshield replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield replacement

Wound anyone be able to direct me to info on festy windshield pulling and replacement.I am getting ready to pull one and i am unsure on the trim and clips.Thanks.

Thread 19942 found by using the search engine.

Comment

Thanks brave one.I was hoping you would see my post and respond as i have seen you as the keeper of festy knowledge.Can you share or direct me to instructions on using the search engine.

Comment

I just typed in the word windshield and pressed the magnifying glass.
        It's easy to change a windshield. I changed my own on my driveway and showed my boy how it's done.
        So he isn't a slave to Mister Auto Glass.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 01-26-2016, 08:29 AM.

Comment

The search bar doesnt work.

How many time do i need to tell you this before you stop responding to every single post telling them to search on a bar that doesnt work unless your sitting at a computer desk.

You make yourself look like an ass.
          Get the search bar fixed and your frustration with questions from people on easy questions to answer might lessen.

Im sorry some of us joined a forum with a community of festiva lovers to actually Communicate with them! Not just read threads that are 7 years old and hope thats still the best info...

I seriously hope you have a better day you grump.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Cory_Thurmond; 01-26-2016, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Cory: Why are you showing the search window from www.photobucket.com? This is www.fordfestiva.com. There is lots of 7-year old information about our 20-year old cars in the archives of this forum which saves us from re-typing it each time someone posts the same question. I find that the search feature sure helps when I have a question because I don't have to post it and wait for a possible reply containing the information I need when it's already there in the archive.
            Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Bc you can not post a picture on this forum without linking it throgh another site that search bar is for Ff.com

The search bar doesnt work!

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Cory_Thurmond; 01-26-2016, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Well when I try the search bar all I get is one of your Photobucket photos. Try the search at the top right of this page. You can also click on "Advanced Search" below that bar for additional options. Good luck.
                Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

It's a screen shot from his phone and the Tapatalk app. I use my phone as well ,but not Tapatalk I dislike it. The mobile version of this site is good and the search box works
                  Last edited by william; 01-26-2016, 01:06 PM.

Comment

I have change a few windshields but this will be the ist from a festy.I am trying to be sure i get the trim removal and replacement correct

Comment

Perhaps a legit critique of this sights short comings.I haven't had much luck trying to use the search engine probably due to not using it properly.Notice that a thread was kindly posted for me. I find personal attacks and name calling in this situation to be totally uncalled for and way out of line unless i am missing something.

Comment

There are a couple of larger hard rubber blocks that the bottom of the glass rests on. They are there for positioning and so that it doesn't slide down any further. Take care not to break all of plastic windshield molding retainers.
                        Last edited by bravekozak; 01-27-2016, 06:38 AM.

Comment

That is my concern especially in the colder time of year.Hopefully i will do ok on pulling it out of the parts car.I just about have it completely stripped down and want to get it off the property so i will have to dig in and hope for the best.

Comment

Cory: Perhaps you could start a thread about the search feature in the general discussion forum. Maybe some clarification and improvment would come of it.

Comment

I purchased the tool needed and successfully removed the trim.I think i only broke one clip.From this point do the clips pop easily off their post?

Comment

Working...
                              X