No announcement yet.

Roof weather stripping removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the shop manual says to begin by prying up with screwdriver and then cutting the adhesive. the only adhesive on the new part is 2 or 3 little tabs on both ends. (see pic) it's possible that an adhesive was applied the whole length on the assembly line. there is grooving along the entire backside but none of the grooves are deep enough that i would think it would just snap onto the weld seam. (see pic). looking at the 4GREEN mold, it's doubtful that there is a metal strip embedded. they show it curled into a circle which couldn't be done to the ford pieces without ruining it. probably a good thing though. nothing to rust.

Comment

Originally posted by jfd64 View Post
      I am in the process of pulling one and have a current thread going on this part of the forum.I just picked up the trim tool yesterday at horrible freight for 7 bucks and successfully popped the trim without breaking the clips.There is a pic from a member in that thread of what the tool looks like.I an waiting on a jy to secure the paperwork on a festy that has a badly cracked windshield.The one i am pulling i believe is mint.If i remember right yours has flaws but could be considered usable.I may would be open to a swap on that if that interests you.
      Mine has one chip, right in the drivers view. Other than that it's pretty decent. It might be repairable at a glass place.

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
        the shop manual says to begin by prying up with screwdriver and then cutting the adhesive. the only adhesive on the new part is 2 or 3 little tabs on both ends. (see pic) it's possible that an adhesive was applied the whole length on the assembly line. there is grooving along the entire backside but none of the grooves are deep enough that i would think it would just snap onto the weld seam. (see pic). looking at the 4GREEN mold, it's doubtful that there is a metal strip embedded. they show it curled into a circle which couldn't be done to the ford pieces without ruining it. probably a good thing though. nothing to rust.

Thank you very much for the pics, that's very helpful. I agree with you on the new ones looking like they lack the metal strip.

Comment

Working...
        X