• Show
Clear All

• Help 89 festiva Efi won't start

Has spark has fuel and compression and it won't fire

Make sure your timing is correct.

Comment

Timing is dead on

Comment

Check the cap to see if it is damp inside and check the contacts for corrosion.Make sure the coil wire going into cap is clean and tight.Those are the most common place to start for me.When cap is off take a look at the dist. rotor. If that doesn't do it check spark plugs and then wires.

Comment

Checked all that have good spark to the plugs have fuel through the injectors timing is on still won't spark or fire

Comment

Start or fire I mean

Comment

Check compression?

Comment

Yes has good compression

Comment

You could check engine management fusible link bank under the hood.Bank of 3 on drivers side shock tower.Engine management is the one closest to passengers side.It doesn't sound like it is that but it is easy to check with a test light to see if you have power there.

Comment

Maybe your ignition switch?
                    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Ignition control module
                      Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Take out the spark plugs and put one teaspoon only of gas in each cylinder and the put the spark plugs back in and try it again.. you can use an eye dropper or something a tiny amount in each cylinder
                        Last edited by Old70; 02-06-2016, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X