Rear (dented) door latch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear (dented) door latch

When i picked this up, it had been rear ended at some point. At first, the rear door wouldnt latch. But after spending my lunch break tinkering with it, i got it to finally latch. But now I cant get it open again.

I tried to manually flip the lock lever from the inside, but because of how the door has been dented, it no longer sits level, and wont unlock. I'd like to not HAVE TO replace my entire rear door, so any advice is welcome.

thank you.

Rear (dented) door latch

It was locked for sure? Its not unlocked and stuck? If is locked try getting someone else to push on the door while you try to unlock it. If you get it open watch youtube videos of how to align rear hatches. A block of wood, a hammer, and a punch usually gets things pretty close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ryanprins13; 02-16-2016, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Can you tell if it needs to go down or to one side? With a screwdriver in the edge of one side as a lever it might shift enough to come free. Might scratch the finish a bit.
      Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

The latch is tilted now. Here's should the bend in the door a bit.

Comment

So under the plate doesn't hit flush.

Comment

Looks like it needs a knee against the latch area when opening.
            Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
            X