Still got the shakes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still got the shakes!

So i have got my new rims on the front and i still have the shakes a bit. I did the kia rio brake swap. I think it might just be a bad rotor so im going o replace them both with some good quality drilled slotted coated rotors and nice pads.

Wheel bearings both feel tight.

Calipers seem to feel sticky at times. When 1st driving for the day they seem to wanna hold the car back at take off. I might go ahead and replace them for fresh ones. I just changed the brake lines. Also changing to miata mc and booster here soon.

I think i might go ahead and order new control arms as well as new sway bar bushings.

What else should i look at? Coilovers are all tight! Brand new rims and tires.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Shakes at 50ish. Almost feels like a rotor is warped. At about 70 its perfectly smooth like im not moving at all.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Don't bother with drilled and slotted rotors.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Yes, do some reading on rotors, drilled and slotted is not the way to go at all. Are your slider pins recently greased and completely free and moving very well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

slider pins?
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

What would be my best bet for rotors and pads on the 03 kia brake setup?
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I had a simular results after replacing entire the entire front steering and suspension.I hadn't quite gotten the alighnment right.

Comment

I am unfamiliar with rio calipers but almost all calipers slide back and forth on pins inside bushings to adjust for movement. They need to be greased. As for rotors oem rotors and organic pads usually work best. May be something better specifically for a rio but thats a safe bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Rubber?
                  - Form should follow function...

Comment

New 165 55 14 tires that charlie talks up. It might just be my alignment! My tires seems loud to me.
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Take it to a collision shop and check if all the chassis dimensions are within spec.

Comment

SO!!! it is 100% the alignment. I have been taking the measurements with the car on jack stands. Once under its own weight it changes. I had it in the air and it measured within 1/16. once on the ground its about triple that or more. I adjusted it on the ground a bit and the shake is gone.

Gonna take it to have a shop do it tomorrow and be happy.

Will still redo the rotors and pads before autocross starts this year!
                        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                          SO!!! it is 100% the alignment. I have been taking the measurements with the car on jack stands. Once under its own weight it changes. I had it in the air and it measured within 1/16. once on the ground its about triple that or more. I adjusted it on the ground a bit and the shake is gone.

Gonna take it to have a shop do it tomorrow and be happy.

Will still redo the rotors and pads before autocross starts this year!
                          Save your money and just do it right yourself (with the wheels on the ground). Might take a couple tries, but that's worth $80 or whatever the shop charges.
                          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Move the car after you align it to let it settle. I always roll mine a foot or 2 forward and backward before I check it again.
                            Jerry
                            Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                            90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                            92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                            93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

If you don't have the proper tools to set alignment just spend the money and have it professionally done. Especially camber.
                              91GL BP/F3A with boost
                              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
                              X