Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Likely location of immobilizer control module on 1997 Ford Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Likely location of immobilizer control module on 1997 Ford Festiva?

Hi,

Does anyone know the most likely place/s an immobilizer control module would be mounted on a 97 Festiva?

TIA

alexis

What is an "immobilizer control module"?

Comment

As far as im aware the only immobilizer on a festiva would be an aftermarket one, not from the factory. I could be wrong, but i have never heard anyone else from Australia mention an immobilizer.
      Sorry i cannot be more help. Your easiest solution may be to bring it somewhere thT installs aftermarket immobilizers and either asking where they normally are put or asking them to find yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

if its close to the same as the factory immobilizer on the earlier kia pride WA body, a german schematic i have for a 1999 pride shows a 7 wire box behind the dash above the steering column. this is a LHD car.

Comment

Just look under the dash. The immobilzer should hopefully stick out as an aftermarket install as said above.
          - Form should follow function...

Comment

it's hard to say since the poster doesn't specify but it is possible that the system is factory and not aftermarket. a 97 festiva (our aspire) in AU could've had this OEM feature even though it was not available in N America. additionally, later model Kia Prides in the UK & Europe were available with anti theft systems on some trims. even if it is an after market installation it might be tidy enough workmanship as to be difficult to discern the module amidst the myriad relays and other modules crammed behind a 5 ft. wide dash. unlike a typical best buy installation where the module would be freely and conveniently dangling by its wires between your foot and the brake pedal.

Comment

Hi all, thanks for all the replies. It's an after market immobiliser as was mandated post-production for vehicle sales in Australia. I managed to find it located on the driver side rigged up and behind the fuse box. As it was failing to disengage I removed it from the two circuits it interfered with and reconnected the factory wiring.

Comment

Originally posted by alexis View Post
                Hi all, thanks for all the replies. It's an after market immobiliser as was mandated post-production for vehicle sales in Australia. I managed to find it located on the driver side rigged up and behind the fuse box. As it was failing to disengage I removed it from the two circuits it interfered with and reconnected the factory wiring.
                Glad to hear you found it! What was the mandate for Australia? All vehicles after 1997 had to have them or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X