Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do folks get tires these days for stock Ford Festiva (12" wheels)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do folks get tires these days for stock Ford Festiva (12" wheels)?

Where do folks get tires these days for stock Ford Festiva (12" wheels)?

It's getting difficult to find tires!

See also related posts re understanding tire size, and whether it's any help to go to 13" wheels....

Ok enough for tonight, hope to get some answers...

Thanks!

Steve

Discount Tire, Firestone and Les Schwab will order them for you.

Comment

I got my last set at Pep Boys.
      1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
      1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
      1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
      1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
      2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
      2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
      2005 Accord - wife's DD
      2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
      2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Ebay. I have gotten mine at wreckers and off local classifieds for 9 years now. Only ever bought 2 new pairs right when i got the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought two Yokohamas for mine at this place and the price was great and they really helped with the shaking at higher speeds. http://www.tires-easy.com/tires-sear...&carmodel=true

Comment

+1 for tires-easy.com. I've bought several sets of four tires, all came quickly with no problems.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

tirerack.com has 12" tires. That's where I got mine a few months ago

Comment

Discount Tire here in W WA always seems to have them IN STOCK when I need more.
                88L black, dailydriver
                88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
                4 88/89 disassembled
                91L green
                91GL aqua pwrsteer
                92GL red a/c reardmg
                3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
                1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

jimdigs, if you can find and buy Yokohamas, do grab a set, they were the tires that came our cars from the factory, you should not have any problem with balance or workmanship.
                  An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Tirerack.com search by size. 145R12. $52. I bought a set in Feb.

Comment

You can get two 155 80R 12 on ebay for $86- The 80R is a nice big aspect ratio that makes up for the small 12 size- so it's about like a 155 70R 13 tire- they usually list overall diameter there too in inches.

My experience has been that 155 width has always lasted a little better than 145, although not as light or fast rolling. You have to remember that the same aspect ratio changes the profile of the tire with the width- and so a 145 70R also has a smaller profile than a 155 70R because it's a 70 percent measure of height to the width- not much difference over a single size change but a little bit. The difference between 145 70R and 155 80R is really two sizes of change, because both the width and the height ratio are greater.
                      Last edited by harpon; 09-21-2016, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Maxxis ma-202 is what I ordered off ebay from a pep boys in another state. 155/80r12s are what I ended up with. They were about the only decent tire I could find in that size by searching online. Search them on ebay, I think the shop still has some.
                        Last edited by BajaBugBoy; 12-13-2016, 11:35 PM.

Comment

I just bought one 12" tire over-the-counter today at Discount Tire in Seattle for $36 + $1 junk fee + sales tax. They had many more in stock.

The kid behind the counter asked if I was putting it on a trailer!

I said "No, I'm checking it as baggage on a flight to one of my "remote" Festivas." He'd never heard of a Festiva.
                          Last edited by AlaskaFestivaGuy; 12-14-2016, 04:22 PM.
                          88L black, dailydriver
                          88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
                          4 88/89 disassembled
                          91L green
                          91GL aqua pwrsteer
                          92GL red a/c reardmg
                          3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
                          1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

I bought a brand new set from flea-bay and I am more than satisfied with the price and performance.

Comment

I haven't really seen much 12s, I run 13s in the winter and 14s in the summer. 13s have a much better tire choice and not too expensive either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              93 Festiva B6 5spd

Comment

Working...
                              X