replacement clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement clutch

how hard is it to replace clutch in a 91 festiva is their any kind of directions or manual around dont quite have the money to pay someone to do it for me

This is the manual I have.
    1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
    1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
    2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

Clutch is easy if you can remove the front 2 cross member bolts (that area has a habit of rotting). Call me and I can walk you through it: 717-725-7798
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

well ive ordered a clutch kit and a new flywheel i have never done anything like this completely new to this so hopefully its something i can do on my own

Comment

Originally posted by vinelandidiot13 View Post
          well ive ordered a clutch kit and a new flywheel i have never done anything like this completely new to this so hopefully its something i can do on my own
          Should be easy enough. Its one of the easiest vehicles out there to do it on. I changed the clutch on my festiva when i was 16 with almost no knowledge about cars. most important is to use a manual. Print off the link above or if you prefer go buy a haynes manual for $20. I used the haynes. You basically cant screw it up if you follow their step by step instructions with all their pictures

Comment

Ok cool yes I have the Haynes manual

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok cool yes I have the Haynes manual

Good! Read through it before you start, try to figure out what tools you will need beforehand. That makes life easier. You bought a whole clutch kit with a new throw out bearing, pilot bearing and pressure plate rather than just the clutch itself right?
              Dont forget new transmission fluid. You dont have to, but its a good time to change the transmission output shaft seals (cv shaft seals on the trans side). They are cheap and its a huge pain to change them later if they are all you have to do. Its easy while your doing the clutch.
              Have a bunch o brake cleaner or degreaser to clean up everything inside before installing the new clutch. Take pictures as you go in case you forget which way something went back togeather. Organize all your bolts and parts while removing. And take your time, dont be too rushed. Should only be a one day job though.

Comment

http://m.ebay.com/itm/271063606900?_mwBanner=1 that's what I got and flywheel from rockauto

Comment

http://m.ebay.com/itm/271063606900?_mwBanner=1 that's what I got and flywheel from rockauto

Good!

Comment

I'm still available as a resource...
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                    X