correct rear shocks for '89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• correct rear shocks for '89

I have been looking online for replacement rear shock absorbers and found three possibilites, Monroe 71225, KYB 340009, and Gabriel G51039. Wondering if they all fit as claimed and work okay on such a light vehicle. The only other one I found was Motorcraft Am201 and it's discontinued. From the information I've found the Festivas and Aspires seem to use the same rear shocks. Thanks for any confirmation.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

If you drive it hard, go with the kyb's.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

only because the owner was willing to pay for it, i replaced the four corners with bilsteins. i had a chance to drive the car for a day and it felt as good or better than the firm setting in the GTX. couldn't get too crazy though since it was a stock AT and it wasn't my car. not sure if they are the monotube style bilsteins.

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
        only because the owner was willing to pay for it, i replaced the four corners with bilsteins. i had a chance to drive the car for a day and it felt as good or better than the firm setting in the GTX. couldn't get too crazy though since it was a stock AT and it wasn't my car. not sure if they are the monotube style bilsteins.
        What model #s for the front/rear Bilsteins, and were they a direct fit?
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
        X