No announcement yet.

festiva blows egi main fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no prob, was going over the harnes and making reapairs at any suspect point, have a nice cleaned up harness now last weekend came to an early end it rained so i did not pull the pump, this firday after work it comes out and the new one goes in. i may make up a connection cable and run the old pump via the "tractor amp gauge" and see what happens. it really sounds like the fuel pump was the culprit with a possibility of that worn harness making contact. as it stands now turning the ignition on and cranking several times the fuse is untouched. like i have said before turning on the key discolored the new PAL fuse which makes sense if the pump only remains on for 3 seconds, then when i cranked the engine over it totally blows out when the pump was connected. i had the access cover off and frayed harness away from any ground eliminating that as being the cause for that specific test but when all buttoned up it could have been a player in the issue. will let you know what happens with the new pump in.

Comment

SUCCESS! NEW FUEL PUMP, WILL ADD THE PIC OF THE OLD PUMP, WOW! THE STRAINER WAS BRITTLE AND IN SHREDS, THERE HAS BEEN NO FILTER FOR WHO KNOWS HOW LONG ON THE PUMP. THE SURFACE WAS WELL CLOGGED UP. PUT IN THE NEW PUMP AND NEW PRESSURE SIDE LINES, THE RETURNS ALL LOOKED GOOD. CRANKED ENGINE OVER TO GET PRESSURE LOOKED AT THE FUSE NO DISCOLORATION, SECOND START AND IT CAME IMMEDIATELY TO LIFE! RUNS WAY DIFFERENT THAN IT HAD BEFORE SO THE PUMP HAS BEEN AFFECTING THE DRIVING OF THE CAR FOR WHO KNOW HOW LONG. THE PUMP WAS A DEAD SHORT FROM THE TERMINALS TO THE CASE. WILL PUT IN A PICTURE OF THE FINAL BUTTON UP. PLACED A PLASTIC SHEET ON THE COVER AND .125 THICK RUBBER SHEET SO THERE IS NO WAY THE PIGTAIL CAN FIND ANY METAL TO RUB ON OR GROUND OUT TO.

Comment

Working...
      X