Main - Fusible Link Blowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main - Fusible Link Blowing

So I am looking at buying another Festiva, it's a 93 but the owner tells me that once the car starts in about 5-10 seconds the fusible link for the main blows. Before I make an offer on it, any ideas what would cause this to keep blowing?

Thanks.

If the PO has done any electrical work, it could be anything, but I'm betting it's a poor radio install ( wild guess)
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I received a follow up email that stated that it started blowing after he had installed a new clutch. Sounds like a pinched wire to me. Thoughts? Coincidence?

There is a new radio in it, Festyboy you are probably right.
      Last edited by bolokid; 05-11-2016, 06:37 PM.

Comment

I'd agree with the pinched/broken wire theory, if what he says is true. I'd still want to look at the radio harness, may clue you into what kind of work he does.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Make an lowball offer on the car.
          Mumble something like " I sure hope I don't have to change the entire wiring harness or I'll just have to scrap it."

Don't tell him we'll help you figure it out.

Comment

Working...
          X