Rear hatchback support replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear hatchback support replacement

How do these piston support rods install? The one end is obviously attached via metric bolt. What about the other? Do they snap on somehow? I'm stymied and just don't want to break anything.

on the opposite end of the ball socket there is a c shaped clip and a recess to fit a flat blade screwdriver to pry the clip up

or it might be like this were the wire clip swings out and down
    Last edited by robotrob; 05-30-2016, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Thanks I'll have a look- I'm a bit of a head banger, but this is ridiculous!

Comment

Oh no, my supports look like neither of these. (It's not the festy, it's my 96 Aspire. ) There is no appearance of any clip or spring externally, and I can't clearly see much of anything holding the ball joint in in the bright sunlight even. The ends don't screw off either- the rod is one solid piece down to the piston. I've tried to pry the arm off the ball with no luck and in fear of breaking the ball joint- which won't unscrew either- a solid open ended 12 is gradually stripping the stupid nut as I've hit it with a hammer and it still won't budge. I even shot some WD 40 in from the other side through the electric window heater inlet.

The replacement looks as if it'll be an easy snap in, but also has no end that screws off, and I'm afraid I might eventually have to hack the end on one or two sides of the ball.

Anymore suggestions?

Comment

Working...
        X