Passive resstraint shoulder belt issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passive resstraint shoulder belt issue

First, I want to thank all the contributors to this site as it has really helped me out over the years. Now the problem. On my 1990 the shoulder belt on the driver side only, operates intermittently Passenger side works fine. I have the 1990 Car Shop Manual and have gone through the "diagnosis and testing" up to test step PR16. At this point I should be checking the rear limit switch operation. What I do not understand is "Measure resistance between Rear Limit switch terminals (driver side: (C) and (D)...". Where is C and D? Are they refering to the four wire/pin connector below the Passive restraint motor? The only C and D I see are on the Relay Logic box and that refers to the passenger side. I did find the (y/r) wire, but the manual says action to take is service the rear limit switch? I stayed with the analysis to this point but now I am lost. Any ideas as to what is causing this intermittent belt problem?

Every time I have experienced this problem, I fixed it by cleaning and lubricating the switch in the door latch that tell the controller when the door is latched and when it is unlatched. This could be your problem also.
    Only other issue I had was when I reinstalled the belt track on the right side on Rosie I somehow bent the track a little and the belt stopped just before it got all the way down when the door was closed and it kept retrying to every few seconds. Fixed this by just straightening the track so the belt would go all the way back when the door was closed.
    Last edited by 1990new; 06-06-2016, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X