Looking for stock Springs or info about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for stock Springs or info about

I want to say that I've seen a post about the stock size and height and the stiffness of the factory Festiva coil springs. However I just can't find it. Does anybody know where I can get a set of stock coil springs or otherwise what would be the closest fit where in diameter or height but maybe this spring is 10% stiffer give or take? I do not want to go with a softer spring and I do not want to lower my car. Please help if you know

I am postponing replacing my shocks that I could replace the springs at the same time. Is there a big labor difference of replacing the springs in a second stage as opposed to replacing all at once?

It looks like replacing the shock and spring would be to unbolt at the top of the fender in the hood Bay and then there are two bolts down at the wheel.

If I were to go ahead and replace the shocks leaving the springs for later, would I be doing 90% of the work twice or am I missing something?
    Last edited by meyek91974; 06-13-2016, 02:28 PM.

Comment

It depends on if you are planning on reusing old Strut mounts and bump stops or using new ones. If you are buying all new stuff then It would be better to just build it all once and then just drop the old ones out and put new in. Doing the front was the easy part for mine just the 4 bolts like you said and then pop the brake line off of the srut and pull it out, the labor intensive part is compressing the spring and remounting it onto the new strut. It seemed the spring compressors just got in the way of the boots and stuff.

For just the front you are probably looking at a couple of hours worth of work 3-4 at most if you dont have power tools.
      "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
      sigpic
      "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
      "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
      "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
      "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Id do it all at once. Depending on your driving and how you use the car, you might consider the coilovers builds that are stickied in the forum. I have rio struts and coilovers springs on my car. Love the way it drives and handles plus they are adjustable for height. They are not that expensive to simply replace the factory struts with kyb struts on the front and kyb's on the rear. Springs are about 160.00 plus shipping for 4, eBay coilovers sleeve kit, about 60 or so. A few randow parts, 400-500.00 or so you have new struts that improve your car a lot.
        Jerry
        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
        90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
        92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
        93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Working...
        X