EGI Fuse keeps blowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGI Fuse keeps blowing

Ive gone through 4 fuses in less than 7 miles. Currently in the ghetto, so quick advice will be greatly appreciated. Any ideas? Keeps blowing the fuse randomly under normal driving conditions.
    1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
    1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
    2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

EGI fuse is for the computer. Uh oh. You need to test with another computer. You cannot by-pass the computer circuit. Otherwise the car won't run.

Comment

Well, I was able to tow it home last night. My brother and I checked it out and found that the wires going to the EGR solenoid that I extended for my B8 swap were crushed between the intake manifold and the firewall. The wires were exposed, and could've caused a short. It was dark when we got home so I may try and work on it tonight after work. It drove up on the trailer just fine, so I guess we'll see.

I'm really hoping it is not the computer!
      Last edited by TWFodor; 06-24-2016, 08:24 AM.
      1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
      1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
      2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

Working...
      X