Over boosting probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over boosting probs

Hey long time no talk I have been out of the festiva game for a bit, life and all but I am back I have the arm drops I. Two days and the vj11 on this motor is over boosting to more then 20 psi I do not have a boost controller just running the waste gate pressure which should be in between eight and 10 pounds
    At a loss here any help to get me to the track would be muchly appreciated
    the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
    \/\_____________FORD
    FOREVER

How big is the exhaust?
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

2.5 all the way back
      By the way this is Aaron brooks old car I have had to change the motor as the over boosting blew the one that was in it I am on my last motor so can't kill this one
      I have changed all the vacuum lines I have searched and patched and blocked any holes I can't think of any reason that it would be over boosting the wastegate works
      \/\_____________FORD
      FOREVER

Comment

Cut the exhaust put a piece of 1.25 pipe in ,at least a foot long . Some place closer to the engine .
        New build on the way .

Comment

Or go external

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I would lol over to to go external but I don't have one and I can get one in the next day and a half
            \/\_____________FORD
            FOREVER

Comment

I just went through this!!!! have you seen my new thread

Lucifer gets a new turbo setup.

Dont overboost past 16!!!

My issues came mostly from my leak in the line to the controller. I found the leak, set the controller to it lowest boost setting and would let it creep up to around 15psi. I had a ø2" open down pipe 6" long! I blew 2 jv14 in a month. the 1st one was good the 2nd was not so good at best. Now im going to an all new turbo setup because i wanted away from the jv stuff.
              1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
              1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
              1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
              19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
              X