Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find parts and info for Steering Columns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find parts and info for Steering Columns?

What I've been reading online points to an upper steering column bushing being shot in my 1991, but I can't find any parts for it anywhere so far...
    Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Check out this page for steering column parts, but I don't see a bushing. The column isn't broken down.

"Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
    "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
    "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
    "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
    "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
    "Wenona"-89L parts car
    "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

I saw a whole column somewhere for $78, but there has to be a place to get the bushing.

Also, mine for some reason has a tilt lever underneath it that Studebaker told me is from an earlier year. I think I'd like to keep it and fix it for that reason alone.

I wonder if I dare take it apart and see if I can fabricate something?
      Last edited by Greywolf; 06-29-2016, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Of you decide to not fix yours I have a non tilt here in good shape for 50 I'm willing to meet up as well your about 4 hours from me.

Comment

With a tranny whine, I should be a bit cautious, but who and where is halfway? Two hours out, and two hours back would be an ideal confidence tour for Dusty, in the shape it is now.

I got the whole works back together with a few concerns, but the A/C blows straight out of Alaska now... Smells nice too!

Who's in West Kentucky or around Saint Lou that might want to rally?

Could maybe look at the Shawnee National Forrest, and I can bring Woola, my red princess from Mars. htd
          Last edited by Greywolf; 06-30-2016, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Shawnee is fun but it's only about a hour and half for me .
            Unfortunately my festiva is down for a b6t + G series but I need to finish this rear tire on my bike so a few hours trip would be good on it. I'll do some looking for where is halfway.

Comment

Charleston, MO is 2 hours from me, Sikeston is like 2:19 both right off i57.

Comment

I'm averaging 50 miles on round trips right now with no problems, so I've got a fairly good warm fuzzy about the car at this point.

What would be good for a rally point that settles well with everyone?

Preferably with sights to see, and record on video....

Can we work up a group meet and greet out of this?

Some place with a big parking lot for drifting
                (Just sayin'...)

I just posted this:

Last edited by Greywolf; 07-01-2016, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Lost of good sight and roads in shawnee national forest. You pick the spot I'm ok with any thing. Just let me know asap
                  Tomorrow would work best for me but early rather than later we have plans with the holiday.
                  Last edited by william; 07-01-2016, 08:28 PM.

Comment

I think next weekend maybe.

It is dangerous to drive interstates on the holidays -fools are out there.
                    They party, they get stupid and take chances

After the fourth of july is better.

I have never been there, so I leave the meet up place to you.
                    ~I love exploring
                    Last edited by Greywolf; 07-02-2016, 09:03 PM.

Comment

I'm looking on a Google map at exit ten on the fifty seven (S. Main St. in Charleston MO). There's an Exxon station to the south of the interchange, and a variety of eateries including Subway, Pizza Hut, Mickey D's, what appears to be a sushi restaurant, and a place called "Wally's" around the interchange.

It reads 130 from Salem on the 57, and about 140 from where I am.

* I'd be tempted to take a look at Cairo just to say I did.

What's wild is that I never would have thought of a trip like that as being local without a mini hatch like this. :cam:
                      Last edited by Greywolf; 07-06-2016, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X