Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tiny plastic clips for headlight adjustment screws?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny plastic clips for headlight adjustment screws?

Hello!

This may be a silly question, but I'm new here. My passenger side headlight seems to be adjusted by two screws, one on top and one on the side, the screws are held in place by little white plastic clips. My drivers side headlight has the screws, but is missing the clips, so I'm not able to make the light point straight.

Any idea where I could find clips like this? Is this just a common thing at home depot that I'm not familiar with? Any help would be great, I'd love to get this headlight adjusted.

I have a 1990 Festiva L-Plus

Old Isuzus have identical headlamp adjusting screws as the Festiva, except that they are stainless.
    The grommet can be gotten at a junk yard or from Four Green.

Comment

I spotted these at J C Whitney - there may be more items like it here and there like at CARID.com and ROCKAUTO.com

Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends

* Many Japanese manufacturers use common parts, so there is every reason to expect that you can find something identical as a new part, instead of a scavenged one. Any plastic part is likely to wear out one day - so new is better!

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find that Fiestas or KIA's had the same mount, but Festivas were a short run from ford. Because they were only offered for a few years parts are scarce or discontinued. This does NOT mean that they can't be found. A similar car with the same parts should still be supported by the aftermarket.

If worse comes to worse wander through a scrapyard and look for similar parts (same size hole, same size mount) on a more common car and then use the information on that year, make, and model to go to a parts store and get new.
      Last edited by Greywolf; 07-05-2016, 05:14 PM.
      Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

1. I'd look at Kia parts in the JY too. Quite likely some have the same setup, esp. late 90s/early 2000s.

2. You could go to the hardware store with the screw, and match it in length and thickness with one that is stainless steel. Thread doesn't have to be the same. Then get a SS nylock nut that matches the SS screw's threads, and a SS washer. You would have to hold the nut with a socket or needlenose to keep it from spinning when turning the screw.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Greywolf View Post
          I spotted these at J C Whitney - there may be more items like it here and there like at CARID.com and ROCKAUTO.com

Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends

* Many Japanese manufacturers use common parts, so there is every reason to expect that you can find something identical as a new part, instead of a scavenged one. Any plastic part is likely to wear out one day - so new is better!
          Thanks so much everyone!! Found these ones for $5 at O'Reillys so I'll pick them up and hopefully the plastic clips fit. Link to part

Comment

if not, exact OEM ford part is available from GREEN SALES. part# E8BZ13181A. (they also have the springs and screws)

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
              if not, exact OEM ford part is available from GREEN SALES. part# E8BZ13181A. (they also have the springs and screws)
              OUTSTANDING!!!

That's the real thing.
              Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

Working...
              X