Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine help? Car won't run right.

Newbie guy here that needs help!!
    I have a 1993 Festiva, 5 spd. The original engine ran fine until the camshaft seized up in the head. Since the car had a ton of miles on it, I bought a new motor from some Festiva outfit in Maryland that I saw on Ebay. After installing the new motor, I could not get the timing adjusted correctly, and after much dinking around I gave up brought the car over to a repair shop. The car runs, but barely. They have been messing with it for 2 months now and they cannot get it running right either. They seem to thing something is different with the new motor and is not compatible, or was assembled wrong (???)

Is there something I am missing or did wrong? Is there anything I can try or look for? I can't believe that there would be too much wrong with the old parts since the car ran fine until the cam seized. I'd really like to get the car back on the road again.

HELP!!

Any help much appreciated!
    Thanks.

I swapped in a motor that I knew was good. It ran like crap. It was sitting for 1.5 years and the fuel injectors had clogged up. I swapped fuel rails from the engine I just took out to the new engine and all was good.

So make sure you have spark at each cylinder, check your timing and check for fuel. You can pull a plug wire while the engine is running then turn the car off, pull that plug out and it should smell like gas. Repeat for all 4 cylinders.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

I hadn't thought of that! I will have to check out the injectors. I did check the spark and it seems OK.

Comment

Working...
      X