Shifter slop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bronzoil bushings for Kia Spectra:

Do you think these would fit for an Aspire?

I already have the Kia plastic bushings but they aren't yet installed
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kia-Sephia-S...JWsRMp&vxp=mtr.

In fact my tranny problems described above was a falling shifter I fixed with window urethane, a salsa lid and clamp as described elsewhere, and apparently most or all of the tranny problems I had in late summer and early Fall were more failing shifter related- when I did the window weld fix the tranny was acting normal again but has gradually gotten a little stiffer- though still not as bad as before- and the shifter is still sloppy- almost feels as if there may be NO bushings left.

Anyway- pretty happy about that- NO NEW TRANSMISSION. htd
    Last edited by harpon; 12-02-2016, 07:40 AM.

Comment

do you have pictures or more info on what you did with the urethane

Comment

errjan- Check out this thread
        Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

no pictures there but this dIY at the top of the page:
        Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

the window weld goes in between the inner and outer circles pictured and glues it all tight
        Last edited by harpon; 12-02-2016, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Mazda, NAPA, The Festiva Store
          Last edited by navdoc101; 12-02-2016, 10:49 AM.
          If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

The Civic short shifters look like a BOMB mod - I'll have to bookmark them.

On Transaxles - I/Me am looking into rebuild kits right now and will hopefully have a lowdown indepth look at one shortly, but I'm letting some cash stack up after buying an entire stable full of cars since the beginning of the year. It's nice to not run out of coffee before the end of the month, Ya know?

So far rebuild kits are in the 'hood of about $120.oo for a set that includes synchro rings. If any other parts are trashed it can go up and/or call for a donor gearbox, but I have my fingers crossed on that.

It's good to know of a tranny shop nearby that rat-packs old transmissions and sells parts out of them, salvage yards are always a crap-shoot
            Last edited by Greywolf; 12-04-2016, 05:45 PM.
            Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

Working...
            X