Replacing Oil Pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Oil Pump?

1992 festy, I have to install the new oil pump, I've read that I have to remove the timing belt cover and the timing belt, is this true or is there a way around it?

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum! Strongly recommend you at least get a Haynes manual for the Festiva. It will save you a lot of time asking very basic questions like this one if you can just look it up. It is by no means the ultimate reference, but it definitely has its uses.

What makes you think you need an oil pump anyway? They are known to be pretty indestructible in Festivas.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Woahshtdown View Post
      1992 festy, I have to install the new oil pump, I've read that I have to remove the timing belt cover and the timing belt, is this true or is there a way around it?

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
      Yes, the oil pump is on the crank under the crank pulley so it and everything on it have to come off in addition to dropping the oil pan.

Comment

Having a '92 Festiva, the nose on the crankshaft (where the pump fits on) could be either a "big nose" or a "small nose". Make sure you measure the diameter of the crankshaft shaft where the front oil seal touches the crankshaft. The auto parts store should have 2 different diameter listings for the pump.
        You gonna race that thing?
        http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Working...
        X