AC not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC not working

Having a problem with my AC not working at all. Also the condenser fan and the radiator fan are both not working either. I've swapped the headlight fuse that's under the hood into the fan spot and it doesn't help it at all. It's a 95 ford aspire, is rather try everything before replacing the compressor, I'm assuming it's gotta be something else with the fans not working and what not.

Pull the fan switch plug on the t-stat housing and force the fan to run. Then check for power and ground. Make sure there is pressure in the system. If there isn't at least 30 PSI, it won't go.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Alright will give that a go as soon as I get home. Appreciate it! Could the lack of fan power be the cause of AC not blowing cold?

Comment

Yes, the high pressure gas can't cool and condense into a liquid without air passing over the condenser.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Is this my fan switch plug? Sorry no manual in front of me. I pulled it and nothing happened at all.

Comment

Update: Finally got the AC to take a charge after checking all the wiring/fuses. I got the compressor to kick on once the pressure hit 30-35ish and then there was a hissing sound that slowly got louder and the pressure started dropping. Started stinking pretty bad too lol, so I can only assume there's a leak in the system somewhere. The Condenser fan also turned on as well so that's all good. I'm thinking maybe the radiator fan is a problem of itself. Now I'm just going to take it to an AC shop to check for the leak.

Comment

On the t-stat housing is a thermo switch (big and round), the wire you pulled (on the head) goes to a thermistor that feeds your temp gauge.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                On the t-stat housing is a thermo switch (big and round), the wire you pulled (on the head) goes to a thermistor that feeds your temp gauge.
                No such thing in an Aspire thermostat housing. Just a plain housing.If the compressor clutch isn't kicking in the cooling fan won't turn on.

Comment

The housing is there and there's a bung for a fan switch, but the ECT sensor is located on the intake manifold between cyl 1 and 2.

My bad, just so used to starring at Festivas.

At any rate, the condenser fan and HVAC controls are powered by the wiper fuse. All control switching happens at the pcm. There are really only 2 things that will stop a functioning pcm from commanding the compressor on and thats the system pressure switch and the de-icing switch in the dash.

Comment

Working...
                  X