AC thermo switch????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC thermo switch????

91 festival gl with factory AC compressor , AC didn't work when I got so I decided to try and fix it . Ive read like every AC post on here and determined it must be my AC cycling switch (I think) but I see that my temperature slider is suppose to connect to this switch here (stolen from another users thread) AC Switch 3.jpgAC Switch 1.jpg
    But my wire that comes from the cold hot adjuster attaches to nothing , and there is zero place to attach it , instead I have this "thing" which I haven't seen before and was just drilled right into the box .20160827_190510.jpg20160827_190504.jpg20160827_190447.jpg20160827_190456.jpg I have no idea where to go from here so any help or input would be immensely appreciated, this FL heat is too much to drive to school with no AC any longer lol
    91 surf blue festiva GL
    Advance dynamics suspension
    175/50 on 13x7 basset racing steelies
    Still piecing together b6t swap

Looks like they bypassed the defrost switch and installed another thermocouple switch for something (possibly an anti icing switch)
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

When you jumper the switch (as in the 2nd picture) you will get icing to the point that snow comes out of the vents and then the cooling coil will become totally blocked. I know, I've done it several times.

Comment

Working...
      X