Auto transmission slipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto transmission slipping

My auto transmission is slipping a lot. its always shifted roughly but now it revs up around 1k rpm before shifting sometimes. Should i junk the trans it or is there some sort of solenoid or anything that may be stuck.

Have you checked the fluid level? (In park, warmed up and running).
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Yeah fluid is good a tiny bit above the f line hopefully it's not too much. So I drove it again today and it's totally fine, I'm thinking it's my shifter it's super sloppy. so maybe it's getting stuck between neutral and drive.
      Last edited by Louieisawsome; 08-31-2016, 07:15 AM.

Comment

I have an automatic civic that does that. Revves up between gears only when cold, when it warms up its fine. Did that for years according to the previous owner. I changed the fluid with the correct stuff and that made it way worse. I still had the old fluid so i drained the new stuff and threw that back in and it went back to where it was. I know next to nothing about auto trannies but my guess is that the clutches are worn out and the there is enough clutch materiel in the fluid for it to kinda work, but doesnt when its cold and the oil is thicker. Does yours do it only when cold as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X