Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help on a ford aspire, it will not start.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
    Aspire doesn't have a prime circuit.
    Verify the intake tube after the MAF is leak free.
    I will check that
    Thanks.
    1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
    1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
    1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
    2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
    2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
    2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
    1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

Aspire doesn't have a prime circuit.
      Verify the intake tube after the MAF is leak free.
      I will check that
      Thanks.
      1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.

Mike

Comment

Can you check the pressure? Possibly the fuel pressure is not building sufficiently because of a bad regulator, or the pump is not picking up fuel from the tank (or really is defective). It may not even be a fuel problem.
        When I'm good I'm very, very good and when I'm bad I'm HORRID.

Comment

Replaced the brain in the car and still no go.

My next check is the fuel regulator & maybe the air meter sensor.

Mike

Comment

What did you hope to accomplish by replacing the ECU? It only controls ignition and fuel TIMING. All the basic power controls are not via any logic control (all electromechanical).
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Have you taken the Fuel line off the rail yet and tried to start it to see if there is fuel being delivered at all? Just pop the fuel line off at either the Fuel Rail or the Fuel Filter and stick the house into a glass and crank it to see if there is actually fuel making it that far.
              "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
              sigpic
              "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
              "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
              "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
              "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
              https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

What did you hope to accomplish by replacing the ECU? It only controls ignition and fuel TIMING. All the basic power controls are not via any logic control (all electromechanical).
                Stupidity, I guess:confused1:

Had a Festy that wouldn't start because of a bad ECU.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
                  Have you taken the Fuel line off the rail yet and tried to start it to see if there is fuel being delivered at all? Just pop the fuel line off at either the Fuel Rail or the Fuel Filter and stick the house into a glass and crank it to see if there is actually fuel making it that far.
                  Yes, we tried that and no fuel was pumping out of the fuel filter (we replaced that). I don't get it. We replaced that pump 3x's and still nothing .... Could the pump be wired backwards? We have been getting them at Oreilles.

Mike

Comment

Put a Voltmeter on the Fuelpump wire harness and see if it is getting power? A simple Volt Meter can tell you many many things. I'm not sure which wire should be positive and which one should be ground but if you check all of them with a reliable ground and none of them show power while the key is in the run position than it is probably an electrical problem.
                    Last edited by firebush357; 09-20-2016, 04:08 PM.
                    sigpic
                    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

Comment

If it is like a Festiva, it gets power to the fuel pump while the engine is cranking, not key in one position.
                      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

When the engine is cranking, I can hear the pump running. When I stop the cranking of the engine, the pump stops too.

Mike

Comment

That's normal. Ok so we need to know if you have power at the injectors. The common color at each injector is the 12v feed. Key on will activate the feed. Then while cranking on the other wire, you should see the voltage fluctuate showing that the ECU is firing the injectors.
                          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

That's normal. Ok so we need to know if you have power at the injectors. The common color at each injector is the 12v feed. Key on will activate the feed. Then while cranking on the other wire, you should see the voltage fluctuate showing that the ECU is firing the injectors.
                            Or hookup noid lights. I bought a set uber cheap at advance auto but I think they loan them as well.
                            Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

From what he is saying, fuel isn't even making it to the Fuel Filter though.

I would just work your way back on the fuel line and see if there is any kinks or just start taking hoses off where you can and trying to crank it to see which section of fuel line is blocked. I don't see how the fuel pump would be wired in a way that instead of sucking fuel up its blowing the other way.

Maybe take the Fuel pump out of the tank and put it in a bowl of fuel and see what happens when you try to crank the car...
                              Last edited by firebush357; 09-21-2016, 12:12 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Not sure if the aspire is like the festiva but I bought a festiva that has a similar issue it had just had the fuel pump replaced by the po and it wouldn't pump fuel to the front but you could hear it running. Turned out the previous owner didn't put the little oring in the pump and it was just shooting the fuel back into the tank rather then up the line. Because the oring wasn't making the seal between pump and housing

Comment

Working...
                                X