Stabilizer rod - shift lever housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stabilizer rod - shift lever housing

I found an exploded diagram of the manual shifter setup in a 91 ford festiva, but between that and the search box i cant seem to locate what i need.

I just got the car a couple weeks ago and have been getting it road worthy. I removed the shift knob and boot from up top and then went under to remove the bolt so i could change out the shifter. Thats when i noticed that the stabilizer rod is just hanging underneath the shifter housing by a bolt that the previous owner must have drilled through amd attached with a nut. Its super flimsy

How is the bar supposed to be connected to the bottom of the shifter housing? So i know what broke, what needs to be replaced and how to do it correctly?

Welcome new member Pepe132.. You might find what you are looking for in this thread
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...alling-shifter

The stabilizer bar housing normally holds the housing that the shifter is mounted in using a rubber isolator.
    When the rubber separates people put bolts in to hold the stabilizer up to the body.
    Last edited by 1990new; 09-15-2016, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, that pretty much sums it up right there. I figured someone would have ran across a post about it somewhere- thanks for the link and the welcome!

Comment

Working...
      X