Replacing HLA in Festiva rockers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing HLA in Festiva rockers

I got my rebuilt head back from the machine shop yesterday and I've decided to replace the HLA s before I put the
    rockers arms back on.

I've never done this before. Anything special I need to know.. watch out for?

Do I just pull the old ones out and push the new ones in?

Also.. The shop charged $299 for the complete job with parts and labor which included 4 new exhaust valves and cam seal.
    Is that a typical charge?

Kept searching using different search criteria "lifters" and found this:
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...hlight=lifters

So i guess I covered (except for price question) unless someone else wants to add some words of experience and wisdon.
    Last edited by 1990new; 09-17-2016, 08:57 PM.

Considering the work that was done, I'd say the price is within reason (assuming deck, valve lap, clean and pressure test, new guide seals)
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Price sounds good to me actually.
      I cleaned my hla's. Just pulled em out, soaked them, pushed them back in and pumped them in a cup of oil. Worked quite well. With new ones maybe you have to soak them overnight like they said, couldnt hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
        Considering the work that was done, I'd say the price is within reason (assuming deck, valve lap, clean and pressure test, new guide seals)
        They did all that in addition to the four new exhaust valves, polishing the cam and smoothed out some pitting in the #4 chamber, so I guess I got a fair deal.
        It sure looks like new. This is the original head that was on Rosie. A bit of metal had gotten into the #4 cylinder at some point and broken off edges of the piston top and also did a little pitting in the head chamber. I had offered it for sale for $30 to someone here but then decided to have it check out and rebuilt if it turned out to be OK. Now I have a good spare.

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
        Price sounds good to me actually.
        I cleaned my hla's. Just pulled em out, soaked them, pushed them back in and pumped them in a cup of oil. Worked quite well. With new ones maybe you have to soak them overnight like they said, couldnt hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only a couple of the existing Hla's don't respond like they should when depressed but I though the head looked so good I would just put all new ones in. Like you say "Can't Hurt" so I will soak them overnight. before installing.
        Last edited by 1990new; 09-18-2016, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X