dim Aspire headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dim Aspire headlights

My son's Aspire seems to be having a grounding issue. The problem affects all of the headlights. Any ideas on where to start? I'm not seeing an obvious problem.

Check the connection at the headlight relay located under the hood on the drivers mounted on the fender by the battery. There are three relays mounted on the same bracket. Headlight relay,cooling fan relay and blower motor relay.Should be the one closest to the front with 4 red wires.Very common on Aspires for the wires to corrode at all three of those relays.

Comment

Had this problem with mine- somehow the sockets became simply loose- Got new connectors- they changed the pattern somehow along the way and had to get the earlier ones- oh, it was the cartridge unit I think and not the sockets- but I had already gotten new extra cartridges-

any way I think I changed socket- spliced it in, and still had the same problem- probably why they went to newer style-

I found the real solution was simply to bend the prongs on the cartridge out slightly- headlights came on quite well and I think that was about two three years back, and never used the other new socket.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. I will check the relay connections first.

Comment

Working...
        X