93 auto trans fluids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 auto trans fluids

I'm in middle repairing my 93 auto, which the flex plate bolts back out of and mess up flex plate and some other things anyway, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what's a good fluid to run in this auto along with any type of additive!? Thanks

Earlier this year there was a detailed discussion in this forum. You could try searching on trans fluid or on ATF.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Awesome I'll try look it up

Comment

Regular old Dexron/Mercon III is the original spec. I was told by a super reputable person to run Ford type F fluid though as it doesn't foam as much and will firm the shifts up slightly.

I wouldn't use any sort of fancy synthetic ATF. Too slippery.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Alright I think I got some type laying around out my 75 f250. Any Additives to help out or just run straight type f fluid?

Comment

I've heard good things about transX but not sure if I would run it or not.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
              Regular old Dexron/Mercon III is the original spec. I was told by a super reputable person to run Ford type F fluid though as it doesn't foam as much and will firm the shifts up slightly.
              That used to be the 'poor man's shift kit' using type F in a GM.

Comment

Haaaa well I'm def a poor man and I do work for GM. So guess it only makes since to try out type f in it. And I'll just run type F through it, not issues shifting so ain't gone try additives and make a problem

Comment

Working...
                X