So my headlights just quit working...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So my headlights just quit working...

...I wiggly the fusible link brown wire and hear some clicking and then the lights flash on. Is there a quick fix to keep them lit for my ride home from work tomorrow night? Thanks

Just a side note...my drivers side blinker went out and I just replaced it today and tonight is when the headlights stopped working. Any possible connection? I'm not to keen on electrical stuff.
    Last edited by jimdigs; 10-09-2016, 09:06 PM.

do a search for c101.

Comment

Every twenty-two years, you must clean all grounds and fusible link terminals.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 10-09-2016, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
        Every twenty-two years, you must clean all grounds and fusible link terminals.
        I just twisted the fusible link wire till the lights stayed on. So ya think if I just take them apart and clean them I should be good?

Comment

Remove the wire and replace with a cartridge fuse (PTO) 20 or 30 amp will work fine. Typical replacement is 2 30 amp (pink) and one 40 amp (green), with the green in the middle.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
            Remove the wire and replace with a cartridge fuse (PTO) 20 or 30 amp will work fine. Typical replacement is 2 30 amp (pink) and one 40 amp (green), with the green in the middle.
            Also, there are two versions of these, long-legged and short-legged. You will need the long-legged ones.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Thank-you Tom for filling in, I'd forgotten to put that info in...

Also since I'm thinking about it, the actual values for the fuseable links is lower than the suggested value of the PTO fuse, and normally that's a bad idea to raise the fuse rating, but in this case it's not so bad because they are quick-blow vs. the slow blow cable links.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Put a pink long legged 30 in and all is fine. Now after I get a new battery I will do the other two. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X