Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'89 Inner Tie Rod End Doesn't fit. Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '89 Inner Tie Rod End Doesn't fit. Help.

I ordered an inner tie rod end from rare parts the only place that I could find it. Once it was up in the air and they will tie rod end was out it was obvious that the original tire rod was not like the new one that I received. The threads On the new inner tie rod end are different and A larger diameter. I put the old tire rod in the back in but I have to replace it ! I looked it up for an 89 Ford Festiva with a manual steering rack which I have, but the part just does not match the original. Does anyone have a solution?

Inner tie rods are different from steel housing racks and alum housing racks. And in 89 both are used depending on which engine trans you have.

Good luck David

Comment

If your rack housing is Steel you need an inner rod end from an 88/89... to be safe say 88 since I'm not sure exactly when the transition happened. If it's cast aluminum you need one from a 90-93. As you found out, the thread pitches are different. These shouldn't be hard to find, any parts store should be able to get them, and Rock Auto definitely has the.
      ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
      91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
      1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
      2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

transition happen with fuel injection. If you have FI you should have alum rack

Comment

Working...
        X