Fusible link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusible link

A good friend who may be the oldest member here (and who ought to be posting except he can never remember his password) seems to have blown the Main fusible link in his '90L after trying to jump is with cables reversed. Where does one buy new fusible links for Festivas?

Try this thread. Many people, myself included, have replaced the fusible links with long legged fuses. Check it out! Easy repair

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)
    1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
    1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
    2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

It is also possible to use what is called a "Self-Resetting Breaker", a thing commonly found in RV's.

They open when the current draw through them exceeds the rating they are set for, when they cool down they re-set - allowing current to flow again.

They WILL protect your wires, but don't have to be replaced. Or at least not often.

However - if you have one of them opening a lot, there is obviously a problem that needs correcting.

*I used one on the custom power panel I set up in my white car.
      Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

Thanx both of you! I tried searching the site for fusible link but didn't turn up much, or I wouldn't have bothered you guys with this.

Comment

Working...
        X