Festiva 5 speed differential side gear thrust washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva 5 speed differential side gear thrust washer

I'm trying to source a side gear thrust washer in the differential for a 5 speed manual Festiva transmission.
    I've Googled just about everything I can think of, but I'm coming up with a whole lot of nothing.
    I went to my local Ford stealership today, and the parts guy was kind enough to find me the # E8BZ-4228-A, also letting me know it was obsolete.
    He said there was a dealership in Cincinnati that has one.
    I don't know if it's actually the correct part though, as the one in his diagram didn't match the one I have in my hand.
    I've read enough to know that these gearboxes were used in other vehicles, and that the Aspire may possibly share it as well.
    I'd like to think that there are more than one out there in the world.

I've tried loading a picture into this post to illustrate what it is I'm after, but it only gives me error messages.

If anyone knows the correct part number to search for, or knows of a good working parts fiche that could help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

the parts diagrams usually portray the part pretty accurately but some draftsman might've just drew a washer and called it good. is the first pic the one he pulled up for you? is the actual part a little more saucer shaped like the one in the 2nd pic? that one is a mazda fiche for the 121 which used the same trans.
    the parts counter gave you the correct #. the part# for the Aspire thrust washer is F4BZ4228A so it may be a little different.
    the place in cincy is Green Sales. call 1800 543 4959 and order that #. they only have 1 and will probably smack you a little on shipping.
    alternatively, if you need 2, you could get them from FourGreen in korea. they have them for the Kia Pride which also used the same trans as the Festiva till about 1996. the Kia part# for the washer is KKY0127252. the price is under a buck but shipping is a killer.

Comment

You are correct.
      The top pic is what he brought up, with the 4228 number.
      My part is dished like the 27-252 part in the lower pic.
      I'll contact Green Sales tomorrow and see if I can get their last one.
      Thank you for helping me!

I had thought about trying to find a used one but I'm not allowed to post in the For Sale / Wanted section yet, and I just now found The Festiva Store Facebook page.

Comment

Here is what the part shipped from Korea would cost you.. you could order some other small parts you might need a the same time though and the shipping would not change much.

Verify Order [ Step 3 of 4 ]

Company
        Shipping Korea Post
        Payment PayPal
        Comments N/A

Qty Item Description Sub Total Edit
        1 MB00127252 WASHER-THRUST - $0.95
        $0.95
        Sub Total: $0.95
        Shipping: $20.19 Edit
        Tax: $0.00
        Gift Certificate : Sub Total : $21.14

Balance:$0.00 - Gift Certificate : $0.00 (-)
        update
        Total: $21.14
        Last edited by 1990new; 11-09-2016, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Ok, Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X