No announcement yet.

Jumping out of reverse... Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumping out of reverse... Suggestions?

My festy has been popping out of reverse while backing up. My shifter bushings were gone and it was incredibly sloppy, so I thought it may be related to the linkage. I drilled everything in the linkage out and replaced all of the components with 1/2" stainless bolts and lots of lube. It shifts wonderful now, but its still hopping out of reverse. My next thought would be a broken tooth on the reverse gear. This makes me sad, because the whole car, including the tranny, has less than 90000 original miles on it. So, I would really hate to have to pull the transmission and rebuild/replace it. Do any of you think it could be an issue with something other than the reverse gear specifically? It functions flawlessly otherwise, aside from worn syncros, and its worth mentioning that as soon as it pops out I can hit the clutch and pop it right back in.

Can you just manually hold it in gear while reversing? It's not like you are driving a long distance in reverse. Simplest fix.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I can't, it still jumps out, and then grinds until I clutch it, and shift to reverse again.

Comment

Working...
      X