Yellow wire with red stripe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow wire with red stripe

I recently swapped all my parts onto another festiva because the rear axle rusted and broke loose from the car. Everything on my new car came off my old one except the main wiring harness. Long story short, my fan don't work. Fuse good, fans good(hooked up straight),and the relay clicks. Also swapped out relay with another used one and still no luck. Fan switch, in the thermostat housing is fairly new, and reads ground on my power probe tool.(awesome tool by the way) I know your fan should kick on when you unplug the wire from the switch, but it doesn't. However the plugin going to the fan changes and the relay clicks. Strangely the plug going to the fan changes from either two hots or two grounds, not both. I've noticed there is a single yellow with red stripe wire(slide on connector) right before the alternator that is unplugged. It's the same color as the power wire on the fan relay. Does anyone know if these are related and where the wire goes. It's behind the engine against the firewall area.

Carb car ? If so then that connector is on most of the cars I have seen . Loose hanging .
    your fan issue sounds like the plug at the fan itself . I often direct connect there for this same issue ....
    New build on the way .

Comment

Fuel injected car. I'm reading the voltage with a meter though and can't figure out why both sides are either hot or both ground. 4 hours of commute daily means I better fix it right, cause I know I'll forget to turn it on. By the way it's a 93 motor in a 91. Trying to get everything right before I start driving her again, but my mustang is killing me on gas lol

Comment

Did someone mention cooling fan?

Comment

Working...
        X