92 EXHAUST PIPE RUSTED THROUGH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 EXHAUST PIPE RUSTED THROUGH

Can anyone help me find a new one? NAPA is looking for one. Rockauto is out. Mine has a nickel size hole just ahead of the cat flange. Anyone have any luck with exhaust pipe repair bandage?

There are a couple on ebay. One AP brand and one maremont brand.Both are over 100 with shipping.

Comment

Have a flex pipe welded in by your local exhaust shop
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

The bandages generally dont work. Do you have a wrecker near you? Best bet is finding another downpipe at a wrecker. Flex pipes seem to rust through incredibly quickly out here anyway.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a similar problem with my muffler rusting. So when it was slightly hit by a stone from underneath, it there appeared a hole in it. So had to spend time and money getting a muffler that sounded close to what I had (did not want a used part and something too loud either). Anyways, when you get it new, it lasts longer

Comment

Found a new epipe off ebay, for a std shift carbed 88. Has a small 3/4'' tube going up to flange, for carb heat I think. I will block it off. All else looks like a 92 piece. Had trouble getting guy to sell it to me, swore it would not work on 92. Worth a shot. Last one in the world.
            Last edited by denguy; 12-29-2016, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Duct tape, a tin can, and a couple hose clamps will help you get by until you figure out a more permanent solution.

Comment

Originally posted by radi8u View Post
                Duct tape, a tin can, and a couple hose clamps will help you get by until you figure out a more permanent solution.
                They actually make a Clamp with a special insulation that will block holes, I used one on my Nissan.
                "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                sigpic
                "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
                  They actually make a Clamp with a special insulation that will block holes, I used one on my Nissan.
                  Yes, I've seen those. Usually have all the other crap laying around. Poor people have poor ways.

Comment

I got one on ebay a couple of years back I think for under $40. Has the situation degenerated that quickly? It still isn't installed, but I got it all extra primered and chrome spay painted to help it last. Until recently- and partly because I'm in mild Florida now- I used to get under the car with a can or two of primer every couple of years or so- and it dos make a difference keeping rust away.

The one on there now has simply deteriorated or broke around the inlet- I though if I ever was using a can of Great Stuff foam around the house I might just try to plug that gap, but ifI ever get the car on the road I'll get the new muffler put on.

Just how hot does a muffler get way at the back?- I guess window weld or JB weld might work better.

Comment

Working...
                    X