Just making sure....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just making sure....

So the Festiva is acting up. I'm believing it to be the IAC valve. But, before I and get another one, I want everyone's opinion make sure IS in fact the IAC.

Here's the symptoms: starting hard (although it is near 0° here) rough idle, stalling when I let off the gas pedal... Oh, and, if I give it to much gas, it starts to stall... It seems that at a certain RPM it starts to stall but once I shift to the next gear, it drives fine... Until it reaches that certain RPM.

Anyway, that's my problem. My guess is the IAC. Am I correct?

Thanks!

No. IAC failure causes one of 2 things: high idle, or low rough idle till warm. Once the engine is warm, the IAC is out of the picture unless there is an accessory induced load.

First place to look with those symptoms is the intake tube right after the VAF. Inspect it for cracks/leaks.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

The intake tube looks fine. No cracks or breaks.

Comment

Ok next step is physical and electrical inspection of the VAF. Also inspect for spark leak with a spritz bottle.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
        X