88 carby wiring diagram question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 carby wiring diagram question

I am working on my 88 carby Festiva lx. My question is about the wiring diagram for this year. It appears that the wires coming from the ECU are matching the wiring diagram for the EFI model when mine is a Carb version. For example the wire coming from the #1M position is white(matching the efi #1M)...The carb #1m should be Green/Yellow according to the diagram. Does this matter? It is more important to use the wire in the #1m postion, regardless of color, for it's intended connection.....correct? It is confusing to say the least. Anyone else had this happen? I dont dare just experiment for fear of burning up the ignition module or ecu or ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Check this diagram for errors. It shows #1M should be white. Delete it after you have finished checking for errors.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion.......This IS the diagram that i have been using......according to this the 1m position is white for the injector engine......the carb ecu connectors 1m is shown a few pages later shows Green/Y . My car's harness seems to be using the injector version with the white wire in the 1m position. Should i wire it as a carb version but go ahead and use the white wire as if it were the Green/y? If so ....do I need to re-assign the colors of all the wires to the carb version?

Comment

Notice that wiring diagram is for 1989. For 1988 1M is White. In 1989 it is GN/Y. There are a few differences between the schematics for the 1988 & 1989 carbys.
        Last edited by tooldude; 01-01-2017, 05:26 AM.
        When I'm good I'm very, very good and when I'm bad I'm HORRID.

Comment

Thank you for clearing that up for me.....cause i was going crazy with wires not matching the schematic. Do you know how I can get a copy of the 88 carby schematic? I have looked and looked but not found one....yet.

Comment

No problemo.
            Last edited by bravekozak; 01-01-2017, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X