Dome light tricks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dome light tricks....

The dome light comes on fine when passenger side opens but drivers side she won't. It is usually a sticky button but this time in the 88 it is something else. Just wondering if there are any quick fixes I don't know about. Or do I have to search for a loose wire? Thanks

Pull the 2 Phillips screws, and take a wire brush to the back of the switch. Also clean the 2 screw holes as they are the ground for the switch.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow and report back. Happy New Year. I had a black Fiero back in the day. Fun little car it was.
      Last edited by jimdigs; 01-01-2017, 12:34 AM.

Comment

I've had great results with this aerosol electronic cleaner. One of its most recent uses was on a stubborn door switch for the dome light in my 88L. The switch works 100% now, with no disassembly necessary. That was the next step, but I always start with the simple methods first.

Comment

Well I took the two screws out and took the switch out and that thing is clean as a whistle. I still took it apart and cleaned it a little, same for the screws. No go. Something else going on I guess. Like I say, the passenger side works fine.

Comment

Working...
          X