Aspire banjo bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire banjo bolt

So will the festiva banjo bolt for the front brake hose to caliper work on the aspire calipers? I bought calipers and they didnt come with the banjo bolts. Searching the forum i find that you should keep and use the aspire bolts but nowhere do i see anyone actually saying the festiva ones dont fit.
    Rockauto sells ones for the festiva but not the aspire. When i go online to ebay, amazon and google i can find ones for the festiva but nothing for the aspire to cross-reference by. Called one parts store and they didnt carry them and the rest were closed. So i am sure someone has tried, can anyone tell me if the festiva ones work and if not where should i start looking for aspire ones?
    Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

The bent tang to stop the banjo from rotating is slightly different on both the Festiva and Aspire. I tried to heat one up to bend and it just snapped off. I won't do that again. The banjo bolts shouldn't make much difference. The banjos are about the same thickness.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 01-19-2017, 04:57 AM.

Comment

The Festiva bolts should work. Just remove or bend that tang on the Festiva brake line.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Ok, i bought aspire lines, so thats no problem, just the bolts. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I brought the caliper to my work to test fit the bolt and hose. The new brake hoses I ordered from rockauto do not fit. They appear to be festiva hoses listed as aspire hoses. Its the "UBP BH1324" listed under 1994 ford aspire. it has the long tab like the festiva. Hopefully they understand the problem in the 10 words they give you to describe the problem... They issued me a refund for half the part cost. Looks like I'm using festiva hoses anyway as the cheapest real (in theory) aspire ones are almost twice the money.

Comment

Was the curved tab too long , or short? I ordered some a while back, supposedly for a Festiva, but the curved piece was too long. I had bought them on "close out" just for parts. Several months later when I tried to use them, I discovered the problem. I emailed Rock to point out the discrepancy in their catalog and got an answer that too much time had passed for a refund (I knew that and wasn't asking) whereas I was just giving them the FYI to spare fellow Festiva users the same problem. They gave me a BS response that no one else had complained, so they would continue to list them. So much for trying to be helpful.
            Ryan, if what you're experiencing is too short, then these may be what you need and would gladly send them to you for postage.
            "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
            "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
            "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
            "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
            "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
            "Wenona"-89L parts car
            "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

Rock Auto probably consolidated the two parts into the Festiva one, like they did with KYB rear struts.
              Last edited by TominMO; 01-20-2017, 09:16 AM.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
              X